Capitol Waste Services, Inc. (Capitol) was incorporated in July 2002 and is a fully insured and bonded company. The company relies on its proven skills of its founders, Joseph Ricupero and Michael Merullo who bring over three (3) decades of business experience and will lead the company as it continues to establishes itself as a safe, dependable, responsive and cost efficient waste collection and disposal service provider.
The collaboration of Mr. Merullo and Mr. Ricupero's business and financial skills, expertise, reputation and competitive pricing provides a professional and competitive approach to waste disposal.
Capitol Waste Services is committed to:
- Promoting and maintaining the health, safety and the environment of the community
- Responding to the needs of the community quickly and effectively at the least possible cost
- Safely and efficiently collecting solid waste, recyclable materials and yard waste debris
- Assuring proper disposal of waste
- Seeking new technologies and services to provide more efficient and economical collection, recycling and disposal of waste materials
- The education of residents and businesses to reduce waste generation
- The belief that our actions today have a direct impact on the future
- Increasing recycling as much as possible.
Our current municipal contracts include:
- City of Boston (Boston Proper)
- City of Boston (Brighton)
- City of Boston (East Boston)
- City of Boston (Hyde Park)
- City of Boston (Jamaica Plain)
- City of Boston (South Boston)
- City of Boston (West Roxbury)
- Town of Braintree
- City of Everett
- City of Haverhill
- City of Quincy
- City of Revere
- Town of Weymouth
- Town of Winthrop
- City of Waltham
Capitol Waste Service has never failed to complete any service contract.
Capitol Waste also provides services to several businesses located throughout the Greater Boston area and surrounding communities. Our corporate office is located in close proximately to our consumers. Our location contributes to an effective and responsive communication system.
Capitol Waste Services, Inc. has an experienced work force of 180+ individuals that are represented by the Teamsters Union, Local 25. Hourly wage rates meet or exceed the prevailing wage schedules issued by the Commonwealth. All applicants are thoroughly screened, including CDL Verification and adequately trained.
Capitol provides an excellent benefit package including medical, pension, dental, short term disability and life insurance. The company provides a positive and safe work environment, job enrichment and growth opportunities and adheres to the strict standards of providing services in a professional and courteous manner.
Capitol mains a fleet of over 90+ vehicles that include roll-offs, packers, rack bodies, various style recycling trucks and many others. Capitol employs full and part time mechanics to perform routine maintenance and repairs, and a fleet crew to ensure all vehicles are cleaned on a regular basis.
All collection vehicles are equipped with a two-way radio to allow instant communications between the collection, the office and the Route Supervisor's vehicle. The Route Supervisor will also have a two-way radio, cell phone and BlackBerry.
Public Education Program: "Curby"
In 2010, Capitol Waste purchased a Recycling Robot - "Curby". Capitol employees present our recycling program to schools in the cities and towns which we service. The response to this program by both educators and students has been extremely positive. School Principles and children have forwarded letters in response to our presentation. Capitol Waste Services has recently recorded a recycling DVD starring "Curby" that will be available to local cable stations, schools, community events such as Earth Day.
To find out more about Curby, click here to download our Public Education Program brochure.